Skip to main content

Phonon-gstreamer backend on openSUSE

I have noticed that on my openSUSE 11.1 the gstreamer backend for phonon is not working properly. Or maybe I should say that it is not working at all. Some people on the web say that this happens because of the phonon, gstreamer and pulseaudio combination. But it looks like I found an easy way out: install phonon-backend-xine and prefer it instead of phonon-backend-gstreamer in Configure Desktop -> Hardware -> Multimedia -> Phonon -> Backend.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
 o.     O         O       o                   o    
Oo o o O o O .oOOo. O
O O O O o O o O o
O o o o o o o o O
O o O .oOoO o O OooOOo O' OoOo.
o O O o O O O O O o o
o Oo O o `o Oo o .O o O
O `o `OoOo `OoooO'O O oOoOoO O o
O
OoO'
Enter the code depicted in ASCII art style.